Loving life, seeking God, finding peace...

Walk with me. Talk with me. Explore this life of faith, obedience and devotion with me.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Something to think about...

I read this in a new book I got: "I'm fighting. I'm fighting sin with everything I've got. Some days are better than others. If I did something less than the person God wants me to be then you caught me on one of my worst days. Don't give up on me. God never will. He promises the battle will end in victory---life instead of death. So call me crazy---I'm holding on to that promise. I'm also trying desperately to uphold the standards God has set. They're pretty high, and some days I just find myself laying on the ground, staring at the ceiling. But then I feel an urge, an energy, for He also promises to give us the strength. So, I get up and fight once again. Let's walk together in this and help each other back on track." I loved this. The book is called "Unchristian" and it's all about how others perceive us and how we can make a difference in a world that sometimes thinks we are all about ourselves as Christians and not about being real and including them. As Brandon Heath sings, "Give me your eyes", God, for the brokenhearted and the different. Just thinking tonight----have a good week everyone.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Brandon Heith song!!! :)